Aromatherapy uses essential oils from plants in order to promote healing and wellness in the body, as well as in the home. Essential oils are the concentrated extracts from plant materials like barks, roots, peels, and leaves, which constitute the very essence of the plant. Plants have been used for their healing properties for centuries, and essential oils are widely used in many different aspects of life today.
Cedarwood Atlas: This masculine oil is distilled from the sawdust or stumps of trees that grow abundantly in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. Cedarwood has deep deodorizing and insect-repellent properties. This is a great oil to use for diffusing and blends beautifully with citrus oils!
Essential oils, if used correctly, are safe and pleasant to use. They are, however, very concentrated and powerful, so certain precautions should be taken. If in any doubt about their safe use or effects, consult a qualified aromatherapist or seek medical advice. Some general guidelines for safe use are:
- Never take essential oils internally
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes
- Seek professional/medical advice before use if you are pregnant
- Seek medical advice before use if you have a medical condition (such as epilepsy, high blood pressure, etc).
- If you have an adverse reaction to an essential oil, stop use immediately and seek professional/medical advice.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted on the skin (or in the bath if you have sensitive skin).
- Store essential oils in dark glass bottles, upright, at a steady temperature away from bright sunlight.
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets.
- Essential oils are flammable and may also corrode polished surfaces, rubber, and plastic.
*THIS STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.