Aromatherapy uses essential oils from plants in order to promote healing and wellness in the body, as well as in the home. Essential oils are the concentrated extracts from plant materials like barks, roots, peels, and leaves, which constitute the very essence of the plant. Plants have been used for their healing properties for centuries, and essential oils are widely used in many different aspects of life today.
Rose Otto: Rose has been highly prized for centuries. There are over 10,000 types of cultivated rose, many of which are extensively used in toiletries for both men and women. Rose Otto is the distilled oil, produced by water or steam distillation from very fresh petals. The fragility of the petals necessitates great skill in production, and rareESSENCE has selected this oil for its purity and quality. For your convenience, our oil has been diluted to 3% in organic Jojoba Oil, a very fine oil high in vitamin E. This blend is perfect for facial massage, or combined with other oils as a massage or bath blend! Precautions: Do not use during the first 4 months of pregnancy.
Essential oils, if used correctly, are safe and pleasant to use. They are, however, very concentrated and powerful, so certain precautions should be taken. If in any doubt about their safe use or effects, consult a qualified aromatherapist or seek medical advice. Some general guidelines for safe use are:
- Never take essential oils internally
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes
- Seek professional/medical advice before use if you are pregnant
- Seek medical advice before use if you have a medical condition (such as epilepsy, high blood pressure, etc).
- If you have an adverse reaction to an essential oil, stop use immediately and seek professional/medical advice.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted on the skin (or in the bath if you have sensitive skin).
- Store essential oils in dark glass bottles, upright, at a steady temperature away from bright sunlight.
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets.
- Essential oils are flammable and may also corrode polished surfaces, rubber, and plastic.
*THIS STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.