Aromatherapy uses essential oils from plants in order to promote healing and wellness in the body, as well as in the home. Essential oils are the concentrated extracts from plant materials like barks, roots, peels, and leaves, which constitute the very essence of the plant. Plants have been used for their healing properties for centuries, and essential oils are widely used in many different aspects of life today.
Neroli: Also known as Orange Blossom or Neroli Bigarade, this essential oil is water-distilled from the flowers of the Bitter Orange Tree. Tunisia is the most highly regarded producer of this exotic floral oil. For your convenience, it has been diluted to 3% in Organic Jojoba Oil, a wonderfully light moisturizing oil. It can be used directly on the skin as a perfume or combined with other oils as a massage or bath blend.
Essential oils, if used correctly, are safe and pleasant to use. They are, however, very concentrated and powerful, so certain precautions should be taken. If in any doubt about their safe use or effects, consult a qualified aromatherapist or seek medical advice. Some general guidelines for safe use are:
- Never take essential oils internally
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes
- Seek professional/medical advice before use if you are pregnant
- Seek medical advice before use if you have a medical condition (such as epilepsy, high blood pressure, etc).
- If you have an adverse reaction to an essential oil, stop use immediately and seek professional/medical advice.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted on the skin (or in the bath if you have sensitive skin).
- Store essential oils in dark glass bottles, upright, at a steady temperature away from bright sunlight.
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets.
- Essential oils are flammable and may also corrode polished surfaces, rubber, and plastic.
*THIS STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.